We believe that all young people:
Honour, integrity and respect guide Murdoch College in our mission to nurture, encourage and motivate students to develop a commitment to achieve.
- Honour - yourself and others.
- Respect - self acceptance and respect for self and others. Respect and concern for the rights of others.
- Integrity - choosing to do the right thing even when others are not watching.
- Should be provided with every opportunity for intellectual, emotional, physical and moral growth.
- Should be treated with respect and take responsibility for treating others with respect.
- Have a real worth and potential, which can best be encouraged and nurtured in a caring and supportive environment.
- Should feel loved and valued, just for themselves, not only for specific achievement.
- Have something to offer others, as individuals and as co-operative and collaborative members of their community.
- Have a right to feel safe and cared for, and be free from verbal, physical or emotional abuse.
- Can gain positively from experience that encourages leadership, creativity, co-operation and consideration of others.
We believe that all staff:
- Have a right to responsible input into appropriate areas of decision making.
- Have a right to be respected and treated ethically by the college community.
- Have a shared responsibility to identify with, and work positively towards the attainment of Murdoch College's goals.
- Have a crucial role in providing a stimulating, safe, secure and caring environment, in which our students can learn, grow and achieve to their full potential.
- Should be accepting of Murdoch College's core values and their responsibility to provide, by example, a mature and willing role model for our students in matters intellectual, ethical and moral.
We believe that all parents:
- Should have every opportunity to work closely in partnership with the Murdoch College community to enhance and encourage their child's educational growth and development.
- Should be respected as the primary care giver and key decision maker with respect to their child's development.
- Should actively support the goals of Murdoch College and respect the role of the staff as significant partners in their child's education, personal growth and development.